Sunday, February 20, 2011


Photography Assignment 3
ORIGINAL
EDITED

I have taken this picture when I travel to New York with my friends in 2009. The place where I took this picture was right in front of the World Trade Centre, where collapsed due to 9/11. The black guy on the picture was a security of the construction of new World Trade Centre.
I made a change to make it brighter which is obvious. Also, I have made it more focus on us; made the back ground to be darker and put spot light on us. The first clear reason for this change is that this photo is too dark that the people on this picture can’t be seen clearly especially the security. As I have changed the photo brighter, the people on the photo are easier to be seen. Spot light helps to gather people’s attention on us rather than the back ground.


ORIGINAL


EDITED

 This photo was taken in New York as well. It is New York City night view from Empire State Building. What I have changed on this picture is to make it brighter as well as previous photo. The reason that I have made this change is that it doesn’t seem correct on the picture and in real life whenever I take night view. Even though the lights are shinier and more vivid in real life, I wanted to express the similar atmosphere that I’m seeing in real life on a picture. The adjusted picture is not exactly the same as what I wanted to express, but it is closer to my image of New York City’s night view than the original one.



ORIGINAL


EDITED

This photo was taken at an apple farm with my friends. It was heading from autumn to winter. As I was passing by this tree, I held my camera and took this picture. What I have changed on this picture is to darken the background and coloured the maple tree. The reason that I have made this change is to emphasize the maple tree. Even it is already standing out by its distinct colour, but I wanted it more stands out. In my opinion, the maple tree is a symbol of autumn, and it doesn’t last long as autumn has been shorter and shorter. Therefore, I wanted it to be special as it appears in autumn.



ORIGINAL


EDITED

The last picture that I adjusted is for my little hope. What I have changed on this picture is that I did put some colours on my cheek and lips. I could have put on my makeup and took picture, but I forgot so I put it through Photoshop. The biggest change is the color of my hair; I changed it from black to light brown/yellowish brown or something like that. The reason that I changed my hair color is that I’m not allowed to dye my hair. My parents never allowed me to dye my hair.
My friends say I can dye my hair since my parents are not here with my in Canada, but I don’t think that is a good idea. Also, I wanted to see how I look like with other color rather than black.

No comments:

Post a Comment